Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load case analysis type changes to Static Linear during Revit/Robot interop

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ruipfbarreiros
452 Views, 5 Replies

Load case analysis type changes to Static Linear during Revit/Robot interop

Hi,

I created a model in Revit and exported it to Robot. In Robot, I created several load cases such as Modal analysis and spectral load cases.

When I import the Robot model in Revit and then export it back to Robot, all my cases are set as Static Linear, thus losing all the definitions I previously created.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes, it is normal so far.

All loadcases are static linear in revit.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

Is there anyway to override this? I don't want loads in revit, just want them defined in robot, but the moment they are transferred from robot to revit, I lose everything, right?

If that is so, there's no point in using revit and robot permanently linked. I'll just have to use it to create the first model...that sucks!

Message 4 of 6

In 2014 (Revit + Robot) you will not loose these cases.

It works like that : http://screencast.com/t/7AFBxepa2o

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

You're right! I do have version 2014 (forgot to update the info) and now I see that that is possible, even though duplicate cases are created...

The thing is, that doesn't solve all the problems. The combinations I manually created dont' have those non-static cases anymore, which means that I'm forced to redo the combinations every time I export from revit to robot.

Have you experienced this?

Message 6 of 6

The combinations I manually created dont' have those non-static cases anymore, which means that I'm forced to redo the combinations every time I export from revit to robot.

No , they are not displayed but they will not be lost after sending model back to robot (if you are working on "pair" of files). If you send the model from revit to new robot model - they will not be there.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report