Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Combo Nature

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mike_302
356 Views, 1 Reply

Load Combo Nature

I have defined Dead, Live, and Earthquake Loads in my Robot analysis. I then selected a number of combinations to be considered for the calculation/analysis. I notice however, in my printouts, the "Nature" column describes these combos as "dead", while hte analysis type states "Combination". Does this make sense? I know that these cases are inclusive of my Dead, Live, and Seismic cases... But why is this nature "Dead".

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mike_302

Mind it is the  nature assigned to the combination rather than to simple load cases. It is intended for definition of another combination with the one you already defined being one of its component. Imagine that you define one load in each of the load case so that you can easily see the applied load displayed on a model. (e.g you created case 1: case2; case 3; case4). Then you want to group defined load cases by their nature so you created:

COMB 1 (dead) = 1* case 1 + 1* case 3

COMB2 (live) = 1* case 2 = 1*case4

and then you create the final combination

COMB2 = 1.2*COMB1 + 1.35COMB2

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report