Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lattice Frame (3D frame) Steel Design omits certain elements

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
yosso22
1067 Views, 6 Replies

Lattice Frame (3D frame) Steel Design omits certain elements

We have been evaulating Robot Structural Analysis for a possible purchase.  A majority of my previous experience was with RAM Advanse (not sure what it's named currently) and RAM Strctural Systems at my last place of employment.  Along with a smattering of experience with Risa3D/2D.

All that being said, we are attempting to model a steel lattice structure for an electrical substation and are unable to validate all of the steel members in the model, specifically the vertical angles at the corner of the stucture.

20140423_115853.jpg

We have only modeled the center column and applied the loads (vertical and horizontal) from the equipment and framing on either side of the frame.

The continuous steel angles at the four corners of the lattice structure are not be checked in the steel design module.  When attempting to select the members for verification the program will not allow those specific members to be selecting for checking?

Thank you for any and all support.

Mike

Give Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! Smiley Happy
Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mjoflor
in reply to: yosso22

Hi mike in the module of stell design you must to define the  member  type you want to design (columm, beam ,simple bar) , see member type and select the type you need it

Message 3 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: mjoflor

As mentioned before, bar types not assigned to these mambers:

na.jpg

Check also http://www.robotoffice.com/rsa/ -> Steel Structures 

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 7
yosso22
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

The feedback is greatly appreciated and I understand what you're trying to state.  My problem is that I'm unable to change the "TYPE" of those four items. 

Thanks again.

Mike

Give Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Example below:

nac.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7
yosso22
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks to your picture I finally figured it out.  Switch the the "bars" editing mode (probably covered in the above linked videos) and then you can edit the table.

robot-analysis-mode-switch.png

Thank you again for your assistance.

Mike

Message 7 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

@yosso22 wrote:

Thanks to your picture I finally figured it out.  Switch the the "bars" editing mode (probably covered in the above linked videos) and then you can edit the table.

Yes this way it also works.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report