Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lateral beam

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lomo2002
328 Views, 4 Replies

Lateral beam

hi guys,

I have problem in connecting the analytical line of a lateral beam with a big big which are not located in the same level as it can been in the attachment. I was wondering, what is the best way to connect the lateral beam with big beam, so it could be analyzedLateral beam.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: lomo2002

I'd not change anything it in Revit but use a rigid link to connect it with the 'big' one after exporting the model to Robot.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5
Rafal.Gaweda

It can be done also in Revit by Analytical Link(s). Main (big) beams should be split into two parts (unfortunately real bar must be divided) then analytical nodes should be connected by Analytical LInk (Revit) = Rigid Link (in Robot).

Similar example here:

analyticallinks.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 5
lomo2002
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you very much. It was very informative.

When I use the analytical line to connect them. I was wondering, when the big beam is designed in the Robot, does Robot take into consideration the lateral beam is connected in the bottom of the big beam's web. Or it designed as lateral beam, which is connected in the top flange of the big beam.

Message 5 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski

This is to be set in the design parameters of the big beam as LTB (and buckling) restrains.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report