Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Italy NTC 2008 add on Mpl,rd,y problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GabrieleNovembri1027
1056 Views, 2 Replies

Italy NTC 2008 add on Mpl,rd,y problem

Hi All,

I'm trying to use Italy NTC 2008 for steel and I found some things that I do not understand. In the beams verification the comparison between the plastic moment and the acting moment is calculated as provided in (4.2.13) as the ratio between the acting moment and plastic moment of the section divided by the coefficient 1.05.

In the note enclosed for the beam  No 280 (HE300B profile) is reported a plastic moment of 513.92 kN*m which seems not divided by a factor of 1.05 provided by the NTC in 2008 (4.2.13).

The plastic  moment should be 489.4 kN *m. As the acting moment is equal to -92.66 kN*m the calculated ratio should be 0.1893 instead of 0.1803, or in other words 0:19 and not  0:18.

I don’t know If I am right

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Gabriele,             

That value could be due to the fact that the seismic combinations are ACC or SIS-ECC. In attachment an example of calculation of Mpl,rd with SIS-ECC and SIS-ULS. The value in case of SIS-ULS is 489.4 kN *m. No gamma reduction is applied for SIS-ECC

Best Regards

Message 3 of 3

Hi Massimo,

Thanks fotr the infotmation.

Gabriele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report