Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to generate automatic Axis defintions ?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
nany717
488 Views, 8 Replies

Is there a way to generate automatic Axis defintions ?

While modeling a structure frame, I started with no axis definition and went on by using copy/move commands. The structure is pretty standard one, so I didn't bothered to create Axis definition prior to modeling. 

Now I have a (big) frame structure with me and I want to see the axis information, so that I can have a screenshot of the model with all the axis and grid info.

Is there any way to automatically generate Axis and grid based on columns and floors ??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: nany717

Open Structural Axes definition window, activate tab(s) and click on model in the place you want to have a grid line, level.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 9
nany717
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thats like creating axis manually, right. I have to click each time I want an axis. 

I am asking, if there is any way to avoid this.

Message 4 of 9
Rafal.Gaweda

No.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

How such option should work? Please mind that it should be a general one which means columns and walls being 'randomly' located in the model as you are not 'restricted' by the program interface to create only lines of them.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 9
nany717
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Aah...

Thank you.
Message 7 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

If you have equal spacing among the lines of columns you can indicate the position of the first one and set the number and distance to generate all axes 'automatically'.

structural axes.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9
rioja
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

There is a way ou can create your axis quickly

Create Nodes in  excel xyz, where you want to have an axis (create a 3D - diagonal for example)

Paste all nodes in the Node Table

Be sure all the nodes are visible

Open Structural Axis manager

Click over each node you need for de X tab, for the Y-tab and for the Z-tab

Apply

Select all nodes and delete if you want or you dont need any more

Done!

Message 9 of 9
nany717
in reply to: rioja

Yes, thats the manual way to do...But if the structure is huge with sevral floors and inner partitions, this way of doing will take time. 

@Rioja : I already have a structure built in the model, so I dont think I have to create separate nodes from the excel...As you said I generated axis by clicking each node. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report