Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersection BAR vs PANEL

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
StructuralSilver55
2458 Views, 12 Replies

Intersection BAR vs PANEL

Hi!

Robot has any option to intersect a bar element and a panel?

I've tried divide, intersect.. options, but they doesn't work between this elements.

intersection

I would like to cut the bars doing an intersection with the panel (the panel is inclinated)

Any ideas about how to solve this?

File attached.

Thank you very much !

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi, you can try to use the "edit>intersect" command selecting the slab as main element and the beam as element to divide. Good luck

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 13

Hi Stefano! Thank you very much for answering too fast.

But you solution doesnt work, i've tried it and the program don't divide them!

Pd: Download the file and try it, you will see it. 

Pd1: I have menus when I push "intersection", do you have?

Thank you

Message 4 of 13

See the atatched document.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 13

Some more question : any mtehod to divide a pannel easely into X pannels? (with bar, with dividing the edges etc ...)

Message 6 of 13

1. Introduce these edges or bars

2. Run meshing (surface elements should terminate at these objects)

3. Select surface elements generated between two neighboring bars (edges)

4. Create a panel based on this selection

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 13

OK I see the procedure.

And for cladding? 😉

Message 8 of 13

The panels that I used were just auxiliary objects intended to shorten bars as in the current version of Robot it is not possible to cut them by a plane. In general there should be no problem with claddings as they are just 'simplified' panels therefore you can adjust them to the indicated planes if that was your question.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 13

I understand the countour point of the cladding can be adjusted to a plane but what about dividing a cladding into two parts for example? convert it to pannel, use the above procedure and then invert the conversion?

Message 10 of 13

Either like you wrote or delete the 'big' one and create two smaller.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 13
Message 12 of 13

Igor's macro doesn't work. I tried it and when the mesh is generated the point isn't into the panel mesh.

This issue should be resolver in the next version of Robot, too complex.

Message 13 of 13
igos
in reply to: StructuralSilver55

Dear juandearevalo,

Until new RSA version is released, please try to use this AddIn: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/API-Addin-for-intersection-extension-bars-to...

But please notice - it works well only with flat object. To check flatness of the objects you can with Rafal's AddIn: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/API-addin-checking-flatness-of-panels-contou...

https://ru.linkedin.com/in/igor-saltykov-8a68b726

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report