Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration REVIT 2013 and Robot 2013 (Unknown runtime error)

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
psynan
4168 Views, 18 Replies

Integration REVIT 2013 and Robot 2013 (Unknown runtime error)

Hi all,

I am trying to send my Revit model to Robot, however after some procedure(pop-up opens and exports elements) it gives me an unknown runtime error. 

First I tried to delete some of elements in the project and then send it to Robot. With this method if I delete columns and beams I can send my model to Robot but if one of them still remains I get the runtime error.

Then I've searched for online forums and tried all possible solutions but it still I couldn't manage to export my revit model to robot.

The solutions that I tried are:

1) Cmd command . 

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2013\System\Exe\robot.EXE" /unRegServer

then 

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2013\System\Exe\robot.EXE" /RegServer

2) Deletion of all grid lines.

3) DREXProjectCleaner add-in. It clears all Revit Extensions parameters together with RST-Robot link parameters.

4) Trying on another computer with same programs. Revit 2013 and Robot 2013.

What could be the problem with columns and beams. There are some columns that I create with families but I don't think they are causing the problem because even if I delete them and remain some standard columns I still get the runtime error.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: psynan

Try to 'reduce' the Revit model leaving only some beams and column that are not exported to Robot and attach it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 19
psynan
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I've reduced the model until there is just one column left. I believe I deleted everything. Still geting unknown run-time error.

Link to download the model file.

http://yadi.sk/d/jY_vZbmz3Sg8W

Message 4 of 19
Artur.Kosakowski

What is the Revit template you created this project in? If I copy the column to the one started with the default structural one (see the attached picture) the column is exported to Robot with no problems.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 19
psynan

I am not sure about the template that I created this project, I guess it is either structural or construction template that I choose in the begining.

How can I check/change the current template?

How does it effect integration between revit->robot? 

If the problem resist, can I just start over a new project and copy all elements in the old project to the new one? Is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 19
Artur.Kosakowski

The situation is that your rvt file has got no project info which is the part the link tries to save the information about its preferences. Try to start a new project e.g. using the template I indicated and use the clipboard to copy the Revit model.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 19
psynan

What is the project information? Is this error caused by missing project info? How can I fill this info?

The thing why I don't want to start over is because all adjustments made in the Analytical model gets reseted if I copy by using clipboard. I've spend my two weeks to build a proper analytical model. 

Message 8 of 19
psynan

I've solved the problem.

I have created a new project with Structural Template and then using Transfer Project Standarts in the Manage tab I transfered information from the empty project to my project.

Many thanks.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 19
jacob691

Unfortunately even after Transfer Project Standards from the empty project based on the StructuralAnalysis after sending to the Robot Structure (via Robot Structural Analysis Link) there is still the error window "Unknown run-time error".and nothing happened. 

(Revit and Robot are both in version 2016)

Does anybody have any other idea how to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Jakub

Message 10 of 19
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jacob691

Could you try to export the model and then send me the content of the last error in the Event viewer please?

REX Event viever.png

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 19
vasco.cortez
Message 12 of 19
alicia_tph

I encounter same problem 😞 have you resolve it? I need a solution urgently as I need to submit end-course project by the end of May 2016. Please help.

Message 13 of 19

Could you attach your Revit model? 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 14 of 19
vasco.cortez
in reply to: alicia_tph

Yes, it worked for me 🙂

Message 15 of 19
Message 16 of 19

I can't see any issue with exporting this model to Robot.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 19
mromagnoli

I happened the same and found the solution, for Revit y Robot 2016, with win 8.1 64 bits, copy DRevit2Robot.dll

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Extensions 2016\Modules\RSA\DRevit2Robot\

to:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2016\System\Exe\

and ready!! Smiley Very Happy

Arq. Marco Romagnoli

AutoCAD Certified Professional | Revit Certified Professional | 3Ds Max Certified Professional | Fusion Certified User | Autodesk Certified Instructor | VRay Certified Instructor

Message 18 of 19
coppamatteo
in reply to: mromagnoli

Thank you very much mromagnoli because I have had the same problem and your advise was very helpful!

Message 19 of 19
mromagnoli
in reply to: coppamatteo

coppamatteo escribió:

Thank you very much mromagnoli because I have had the same problem and your advise was very helpful!

dear coppamatteo, 
I'm happy that my contribution has been helpful, If they found it useful leave your Kudos!! Smiley Very Happy
regards

Arq. Marco Romagnoli

AutoCAD Certified Professional | Revit Certified Professional | 3Ds Max Certified Professional | Fusion Certified User | Autodesk Certified Instructor | VRay Certified Instructor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report