Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mortel09
407 Views, 3 Replies

Instability?

What does it mean that some of the beams are "instability" according to the calculations list? they have a ratio of 0.26 but are not "ok"? is it ok that some are instability?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mortel09

This means that their slenderness is larger than the limit you decided on (required by the selected design code).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
mortel09
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

should i change to a larger beam to get rid of this problem? or will the construction still hold?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: mortel09

I'm very sorry but I'm not in the position to make any statement about the security of the structure you are designing.In general you should increase the sections to meet t the code provisions. The code  group design option should find the right sections. Please remember to run verification of all elements of the model after you replace their original profiles with the ones the code group design proposes (mind to run calculations of the model with new profiles before running steel verification).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report