Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instability in nodes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bjory930
3806 Views, 3 Replies

Instability in nodes

Hi

When I run a calculation I got a warning of instability in for example node 50. If I stabilize that node and run the calculation once again I got a new warning of instability in a totally different node in the model, if I stabilize that node I got a new warning in another node and so on… Why is it like this and is it possible to get all warnings in the first calculation?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjory930

If the instability is of the 1st or 2nd type then yes but for the 3rd one only the first detected is displayed.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
bjory930
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Why does the instability occur. In the steel design the profile is calculated and OK? What's the difference between instability type 1, 2 and 3?

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjory930

Please check the already existing topic of this forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/instability/m-p/3108640/highlight/true#M453

In general the instabilities of types 1 and 2 cannot be ignored. The type 3 in some cases may be ignored but in all cases you should determine the cause of this instability first as well as examine the results (especially displacements and rotations of nodes as well as reactions vs. applied load) very carefully.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report