Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect masses ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jo2ny
657 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect masses ?

Hello,
I'm having trouble with the masses participating to modal analysis.
In order to avoid any other errors i defined a single load (33 Masses) specialy for load to mass conversion.
I set the Direction -z, coef. = 1.00 , ->global masses

The 33Masses load is uniformly distributed at the roof level.

After i run the calculation, in the Dynamic Analysis Results table i get the Total Mass = 14442 Kg.
The mass participation for the first mode (UY direction) is only 65%.
BUT, the total UZ reactions for 33Masses load is 61kN;

Q1: Why is the toatal weight from 33Masses (=61kN) converted in 14442 Kg mass? Shouldn't it be ~6100 Kg ?

Q2: The roof elements are the only ones loaded with 33Masses. I also added a ridgid diaphragm at the roof level. Why is only 65% of the total mass participating in the first 3 modes?

I couldn't attach my model but you can find it here. http://dl.transfer.ro/transfer_ro-12nov-10a5ae9b2b8744cd.zip
Thank you in advance!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jo2ny

Q1: Why is the toatal weight from 33Masses (=61kN) converted in 14442 Kg mass? Shouldn't it be ~6100 Kg ?

It is like that - see below:

masses.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 4
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: jo2ny

Q2: The roof elements are the only ones loaded with 33Masses. I also added a ridgid diaphragm at the roof level. Why is only 65% of the total mass participating in the first 3 modes?

Take a look at screen shot above - 98/100 % after first 2 modes without considering selfweight.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 4
jo2ny
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report