Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bar properties

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
l-overton
399 Views, 6 Replies

Incorrect bar properties

I seem to have a recurring problem when trying to model a structure; the object viewer displays different properties (length, nodes, type, location etc etc) for a bar than the specified (and displayed) properties. See attached.

This seems to be a random event and deleting the bar and redrawing does not solve the problem, just another set of properties shows up. It greatly diminishes our confidence in the software to be using the correct member properties during analysis.

Is this a common problem for others? 

Bar properties.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: l-overton

PLease send us model to check

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
tony.ridley
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I get this one alot too (couple times a day in 2011, one a day in 2012, and few times a week in 2013)

Save the file, close Robot and reopen.  It goes back to normal then

Tony

Message 4 of 7
l-overton
in reply to: tony.ridley

Thanks Tony,

Yes I had the same problem in 2012 also. Would be nice if there was a reason it did this

Message 5 of 7

Tony's advice should help. We have noticed that some model editing (in particular intersection or generation of nodes along a bar /division/) can cause the Inspector to display incorrect information. This situation is under investigation.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 7

I would add it's a graphical issue only, the results or analysis are still OK. 

Message 7 of 7

Thanks Artur,

I will use Tony's solution for now. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums