Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent data & Incorrect results of static analysis

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
robo-bart
1021 Views, 8 Replies

Inconsistent data & Incorrect results of static analysis

Hi,

I keep on getting the Calculation errors "Inconsistent data" and "Incorrect results of static analysis" (shown in attached picture) when designing RC beams in my model. How can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Rico

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Could you attach the rtd file and indicate the beam, to look at please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

Hi Arthur,

Please see model at http://www.4shared.com/zip/7k1Qp9Cv/Epicentre_Model_B_f15_RC_beams.html

(sample beams with this problem are bar numbers 2199 2204 2218 all selected when transferred to RC design module)

Thanks,

Rico

Message 4 of 9

I can't see any problem. After calculations of the model I selected the indicated elements and used manual combinations for the design.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

Please see attached. From the snapshot you've shown, some a beam, walls and column were considered as supports which should not be the case. Attached is the snapshot of the support dialog box and my entries for them. After doing this, I get the same error message.

Message 6 of 9

See the atatched picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9

Thank you very much! I did as you told and it worked for that part that you showed. I did as you showed for another set of beams with this problem (2198 2205 2219 2266 2267) and it worked as well.

If I understand it correctly, the cantilever beam was divided into to two segments upon transfer to the RC design module. Though I wonder why Robot did that? Could you explain please? Thank you.

Message 8 of 9

I have managed to find the workaround but the exact reason has to be determined by the development team.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 9

Ok, thanks again Artur 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report