Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccuracy in truss insertion point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bjornhgr
803 Views, 3 Replies

Inaccuracy in truss insertion point

When I'm using Robot's built in truss function and try to specify my insertion point, Robot seems to be incapable of inserting the truss just where I want it. My insertion point has both a node and intersecting axes, but the truss is still inserted a minute distance from the intersection (see attached image). This, of course, produces a useless mesh. How can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjornhgr

Unfortunately the picture itself doesn't contain all information that I need but the following should work:

1. Insert the truss anywhere making sure that the truss is in the right plane

2. Select all nodes and bars of the truss

3. Move it indicating the translation vector from the reference node of the truss to its intended location

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
bjornhgr
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

It still ends up a small distance from where I want it. It probably doesn't matter, but now it ends up on the other side of where it should be...

I've attached my model in case you'd like to give it a go. I'm trying to position it at LVL3,11,C-D, but it seems to be the same story all over.

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: bjornhgr

1. Lack of accuracy in the original model (elements not aligned with the structural axis 11)

2. Correction

3. Move

Mind to deal with the overlapped elements (existing beams and to[p chord of the truss after moving it to the target location).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report