Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving of slab reinforcment

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jummybear
916 Views, 8 Replies

Improving of slab reinforcment

My massage is adressed to Robot developers team. If Rafal/Artur could comment on this then it will be great. The idea is to improve robot automatic slab reinforcement. Its possible in Reinforcment pattern - Bars tab to pick diameter of reinforcement in X and Y direction for top and bottom layer. We can also pick spacing, define preferred reinforcement spacing. But none of this options is useble in reality. The only 1 way is to switch to manual option and define reinf. zones and bars by hand. It would be much more simplier and easier if we have an opportunity in the same bars window/tab to predefine something like "main mesh" for panel and for zones, where area is not enough Robot can add additional reinforcment. I hope you understood me. I hope its not so hard to implement.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: Jummybear

Hi

The only 1 way is to switch to manual option and define reinf. zones and bars by hand.

You can define reinforcement zones manually. Please find the attached files

Message 3 of 9
Jade_Cereno

@Jummybear wrote:

My massage is adressed to Robot developers team. If Rafal/Artur could comment on this then it will be great. The idea is to improve robot automatic slab reinforcement. Its possible in Reinforcment pattern - Bars tab to pick diameter of reinforcement in X and Y direction for top and bottom layer. We can also pick spacing, define preferred reinforcement spacing. But none of this options is useble in reality. The only 1 way is to switch to manual option and define reinf. zones and bars by hand. It would be much more simplier and easier if we have an opportunity in the same bars window/tab to predefine something like "main mesh" for panel and for zones, where area is not enough Robot can add additional reinforcment. I hope you understood me. I hope its not so hard to implement.

Another thing is that RSAP does not put into consideration reinforcement layering. I don't know if RSAP takes into consideration "d" if we add multiple zones on the same place or it is just single layer with decreasing spacing to compensate?

MIT-BsCE
Message 4 of 9
Jummybear
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

You didnt understand me correctly. I dont have any problems or questions to manual reinforcement (to be honest, i have 1 about displaying/changing mesh types) and i wrote about it in the past in some tipoc but I get no positive feedback on it 🙂 I attached 1 jpg abput this issue. I want Robot to display zones with colors for mesh 16-200/200 for example and zones with mesh 16-200/200+additionally 20-400/400. But i cant define it in this way, because 20-400/400 will be separatly without taking into account mesh 16-200/200.

And what I am speaking about is on pic Robot2.jpg. I want to predefine some typical mesh for whole plate and want Robot to take it into account while generating reinforcment zones automatically. In those places, where its not enough let Robot generate reinfocment zone and add additional reinforcment to my predifened mesh. I hope ppl can understand me 😃

Message 5 of 9
Jummybear
in reply to: Jade_Cereno

Nice question, would be good to know. I think robot just take the amount of reinforcement (cm2) in this zone and only one d which you specifed in plate/shell reinforcement tab.
Message 6 of 9
Jade_Cereno

@Jummybear wrote:

You didnt understand me correctly. I dont have any problems or questions to manual reinforcement (to be honest, i have 1 about displaying/changing mesh types) and i wrote about it in the past in some tipoc but I get no positive feedback on it 🙂 I attached 1 jpg abput this issue. I want Robot to display zones with colors for mesh 16-200/200 for example and zones with mesh 16-200/200+additionally 20-400/400. But i cant define it in this way, because 20-400/400 will be separatly without taking into account mesh 16-200/200.

And what I am speaking about is on pic Robot2.jpg. I want to predefine some typical mesh for whole plate and want Robot to take it into account while generating reinforcment zones automatically. In those places, where its not enough let Robot generate reinfocment zone and add additional reinforcment to my predifened mesh. I hope ppl can understand me 😃

I think RSAP does not do what you want it to do. You can,t make robot predefine those. you are going to change it yourself during manual meshing.. 😕

MIT-BsCE
Message 7 of 9

Added to the wish list for the next versions.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9
Jummybear
in reply to: Jade_Cereno

Robot didnt do a lot of things but they were implemented later. We (users, engineers) are intrested in a good software and Autodesk also intrested in it because they earn their money if we buy/use their soft 🙂 I see that our aim is to show the right way to make programm better.
PS Artur, thank you.
Message 9 of 9

One more thing: on my pic Robot1.jpg in reinforcement map there are 2 diam, fi1 and fi2. In my opinion this option could work better, there are 1 thing to improve also. How it works now: i can pick diam1 and diam2 and a step. For example I choose diam 12 and diam 16 with step 200mm. I expect that i get both of them with step 200mm, but for Robot it means bar12 -200mm-bar16-200mm-bar12 and so on. So in reality we have bar12 and bar16 with step 400mm. It makes all of us happy if we could define 2 diameters with 2 steps (each step for each diameter). For example: bar12 with step 200 and bar16 with step 200 in one meter. Finally i want to get coloured picture of zones with:

1. mesh 12-200

2. mesh 12-200+16-200

3. mesh 12-200+20-200

and so on. Now its not posiible to it in that way. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report