Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imposed displacement

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HoshangMustafa
1014 Views, 5 Replies

Imposed displacement

Hi Please find the attached file. I tried to model the imposed displacement but the only available is imposed displacement on support. How should I model the displacement?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

1. Define a support in the node you want to move and apply the displacement of the support

2. Calculate the model and check the reactions in this support

3. Delete the support and replace reactions with the equivalent loads (the same values with the opposite signs)

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6

Hi Artur

I defined a support, rotated it and applied the displacement, but it looked like the attached file and not along the local x coordinate of the support. What should I do?

Message 4 of 6

Robot is currently not able to display the imposed displacement load symbol in the direction of local axis of the rotated support. The symbols are shown in the global coordinate system but the actual load is defined in the local one as shown on the attached picture.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I hope this is solved soon.

Message 6 of 6

Corrected in Robot 2015.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report