Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a .s2k/.str file format

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rhernandez
1300 Views, 1 Reply

Importing a .s2k/.str file format

I am trying to export from Etabs 9.5 to Robot 2012 as a complete model.  So I exported from Etabs in a .s2k format as a common format in order to import it in Robot 2012.  Robot converts the file in .str and making the final import process shows an error massage Error:Syntax incorrect - line ignored.  Those errors appear several times, but everything looks ok on file.

Attached files and .png whith the problem.

Rafael Hernandez

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The errors are linked to the materials defined in Etabs that are not defined in Robot. In such case you should either define them in Robot before reading the s2k file or create them modifying the generated str file:

instead of  modifying the existing material             

„ExistingMaterialNameWithDigits”
               E = ….. Ro = ….

you should create it

E = ….. RO = …. NI = ….. LX = …..  NAMe „MaterialNameWithDigits”

It is also necessary to provide list of elements to which a declared material is assigned (if there is no such elements then delete the definition of the material from the str file)

„MaterialInfo”
               „Non-empty element list”

Mind that when you modify the existing material (the material 'name' that is already declared in Robot) you can change one of its properties

E, or RO, or NI, or LX.

but creating it you have to define all of them

E, and RO, and NI, and LX.

I'm attaching the corrected str file with comments ($$$ ERROR).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report