Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Ifc model to Robot

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
marselkud
8212 Views, 17 Replies

Import Ifc model to Robot

Hello. I faced a problem regarding transferring ifc model to robot. The error appears, you can see this below. Do you no how to solve it?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Could you attach the ifc file please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 18

Here is the link with the attachement. Thank you.

http://yadi.sk/d/eL43ckOkBSGkp

Message 4 of 18

Have you selected *.* or *.ifc?

http://we.tl/7wmmH5THZU

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 18

Do you mean *.* or *.ifc in the name of the file? I have *.ifc. Did you change only this or do something else? Can you describe it mory specified.  Actually, i've already done the transferring but by more complicated way. IFC-Autocad(PROXYGRAPHICS to 1)-Revit-Robot. Required result is the same. Thank you.  

Message 6 of 18

i'm sorry, the result is not the same. By my way i have a model as a block without information about element (columns and beams). There is information about elements in you file. So your explanation is required. Thank you.

Message 7 of 18

Your model is not full by the way. There are some elements missed.

Message 8 of 18

What I meant was to use *.ifc rather than *.* as a file extension type while opening the ifc file in Robot.

Robot has got some limitations for ifc format and e.g. is not capable of recognizing beams created as faces. You can try to open the ifc file in CBS which supports more type of objects and then export the model from CBS to Robot (mind that in CBS the 'vertical' arches may not be correctly recognized.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 18
GeomGym
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Which software authored this file?  There could be options for the export that might lead to more successful import in Robot.

I tried to take a look at the file in the link but seems it's already removed.

Message 10 of 18
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: GeomGym

Form the ifc file header

Tekla Structures 17.0 Build:13816/31.1.2013, IFC Export Version: 309Mar 29 2012

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 18
GeomGym
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Make sure you use coordination view and not presentation, then you should get extruded elements and not faceted breps (meshed faces).  Refer image.

If you don't have success with native menu, I have developed a few ifc translators to structural analysis software and might be able to help with this transfer.

Message 12 of 18

As far as I know Tekla can have a link to Revit (I do not know if bidirectional or only Revit to Tekla). But if possible to export tekla model to Revit directly and if it is properly made (beams and columns are imported as beams and columns using families) you will be able to assign analytical model (if imported without it) to them in Revit and export to robot.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 13 of 18

Hi,

I too have a problem importing an ifc file to Robot Professional 2014. The ifc file has been optimized with Solibri IFC Optimizer. The import will crash Robot and I get an error message:IFC.png

I attach here the file.

Message 14 of 18

This is what you can get importing thru Revit.

Beams and some walls are saved to ifc as "generic" object so it is not possible to enable analytical model in them and that's why they are not exported to robot

Rafal Gaweda
Message 15 of 18
MOJTABA256
in reply to: marselkud

Hello

I simulated a building in Revit structure 2016. I created some new objects and attached them to the building's elements. Then I created some project parameters for these object. After that I exported the revit file as an IFC file. I opened the IFC file and added some values to the parameters which I created in Revit. Till here everything was Ok. But when I opened the IFC file in Robot structural analysis, I couldn't see the new objects (specialty equipment categories) and their parameters in Robot. Could u please tell me how these data can be appeared in Robot for further analysis? I attached two images. First is the IFC file visualization in Solibri Viewer, and the second is IFC file visualization in Robot. Thank u so much

Message 16 of 18

Hello

I simulated a building in Revit structure 2016. I created some new objects and attached them to the building's elements. Then I created some project parameters for these object. After that I exported the revit file as an IFC file. I opened the IFC file and added some values to the parameters which I created in Revit. Till here everything was Ok. But when I opened the IFC file in Robot structural analysis, I couldn't see the new objects (specialty equipment categories) and their parameters in Robot. Could u please tell me how these data can be appeared in Robot for further analysis? I attached two images. First is the IFC file visualization in Solibri Viewer, and the second is IFC file visualization in Robot. Thank u so much

Message 17 of 18
Rafacascudo
in reply to: marselkud

I think only Revit structural elements like columms, beams, slabs and walls will be transfered to Robot.

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 18 of 18
MOJTABA256
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thanks

Is there any structural software other than Robot which can read user defined ifcproperty set values? Thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report