Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Illogical reinforcement results in column

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Romanich
312 Views, 2 Replies

Illogical reinforcement results in column

Hello friends,

I have two identical columns with same loads and with equal results, e.g. bending moment and axial force.

Difference only in longitudinal reinforcement: in first column A500 with characteristic strength 500 MPa, in second A400 with 400 MPa.

But I have strange results of theoretical reinforcement area according to SNiP 2.03.01-84. Please, see the screenshot:

column_A500.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Romanich

I will try to check next week. As the labels K1_A400 and  500 for some reason are not defined are not present in the file I created the similar ones and made the test. The results I get for compression are as in your case but when I change the axial force to tension I have more reinforcement for weaker steel. I need to find out what additional SNIP provisions for compression are first.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

The initial check I made indicates that reinforcement database for new Russian code (SP-52) is not fully compatible with the older design code. Using the SNIP2 reinforcement database instead of SP-52 and making test for A-III and A-IV steel grades I get the results as expected (less reinforcement for stronger steel).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report