Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTABILITY TYPE 45 problem?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
khanz4
295 Views, 4 Replies

INSTABILITY TYPE 45 problem?

Hi all!

i am tryign to run analysis on a 22 story building utilising robot. I've come across "instability type 45" error during the analysis. I have never seen this error before. I am wondering if anyone could provide guidance on how to overcome this problem? I would greatly appreciate it. Supports for 22 sotrey building have been utilised as spring supports to cater for load distribution among pile caps. Thank you for reading this thread and hope to see reassonable solutions soon. Please see attached file for your perusal.

cheers!

zeshan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Romanich
in reply to: khanz4

Try to change solver to Automatic.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: khanz4

In Robot v.2013 (and older ones) the muti-threaded solver is not able to indicate the exact node number where the instability is detected and displays the number of detected instabilities instead. The 45 should be read as 42 instabilities in the model (the displayed number - 3). 

As Romanich has suggested the change of solver type should allow you to have the exact node numbers. Starting from Robot 2014 the multi-threaded solver is able to indicate these nodes too.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5
khanz4
in reply to: Romanich

Thank you Romanich
Message 5 of 5
khanz4
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for your great advice Artur.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report