Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot open dwg file exported from Robot

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
1170 Views, 23 Replies

I cannot open dwg file exported from Robot

Dear support and colleagues

I am having problems to open dwg file that was sent from Robot.

I received the attached  message.

Thanks.

PS: I can open other files and I had already repair ASD 2013 installation

I am running Robot and ASD 2013 on windows 7 Professional

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

This Brazilian template is the Revit 'native' rebar family rather the Robot/ASD/Revit Extensions 'certified' one that originates from one of the existing in these programs reinforcement bars databases. These bars are not available in Robot/ASD/Revit Extensions. If you use them in your Revit project when you send them to Robot there is the attempt to map them to the currently selected database (code) in Robot and then the same happens when you send them to ASD. Till the moment the Brazilian reinforcement database is available in Robot/ASD/Revit Extensions this is not officially supported workflow as the mapping may not be correct (see the message 12 in this thread).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 22 of 24

So what should I do? Don't use Brazilian's Revit version? If it is the reason for so many crashes in ASD ... I will do it.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 23 of 24

Gustavo,

We will try to check if there is any solution available. Unfortunately I will be out of the office till the next month but my colleagues will try to help. What we need is the information about the way you work with this template in Revit. Is it that you generate beam reinforcement using Brazilian reinforcement bars and then you use Revit Extensions to transfer this reinforcement to Robot and ASD? Can you make a documents with screen captures or  make a small move that illustrates all the steps and send it with a sample Robot file with beam reinforcement generated in 'your' way please? Thank you for your help.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 24 of 24

Dear Artur,

I believe that I  will have to unistall Revit's Brazilian version and work the way I was doing before.

Even if I don't use the Brazilian regional settings, but using the Brazilian template that comes with Revit, I am having issues with ASD. Even, if i don't model any rebar in Revit!

See attached video.

http://www.screencast.com/t/LE6GQvs4p

Remember, I changed the Bar_EHE_xml to meet Brazilian bars, and I am using Italy template (RBCR-039) because it has the closest shapes with the Brazilian one. I changed the words in this template from Italian to Portuguese

Thanks

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report