Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot open dwg file exported from Robot

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
1153 Views, 23 Replies

I cannot open dwg file exported from Robot

Dear support and colleagues

I am having problems to open dwg file that was sent from Robot.

I received the attached  message.

Thanks.

PS: I can open other files and I had already repair ASD 2013 installation

I am running Robot and ASD 2013 on windows 7 Professional

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Hi,

Please, read post 2. Maybe it will help.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Roman Zhelezniak

Robot Evangelist & Passionate Civil Structural Engineer

LinkedIn | Robot & Хобот | App Store for Robot
EESignature

Message 3 of 24

Gustavo,

My assumption is that you created some reinforcement drawings in Robot that you want to open in ASD Reinforcement. Could you attach the rtd file with the drawing you want to open in ASD and describe what was the way you tried to export the drawings from Robot to ASD please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 24

Dear Romanich and Artur,

I have been having a lot of ASD crashs nowadays, I don't know if it has been happing with everybody but I have it installed in two computers (my office and my notebook) and both have been crashing a lot, even if it is just opened on the back

Romanich, I  followed your suggestion because, due too the Autocad crashs, I had uninstalled the ASD 2012. I was not able to open the previous versions but I am able to open the dwg files if I export again from Robot.

Artur, I did the export from Robot the way I always do. Go to results> Structural Detailing> choose the Regional settings of my choice.

I tried to open the dwg file from my office computer too and I received the same error message for the previous files. 

Should I have to re-install the 2012 version? Or there is something else that I can do usign Regit?

Attached you find one of the files that had crashed.

Thanks

Gustavo 

Message 5 of 24

As far as I can see this is the entirely different situation then I posted the answer for.

Gustavo, could you describe me in details how you created this file and what happened next (which version you used to create it, which version the file was modified with, did you saved the file after the recover process etc.). Thank you for your help.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 24

Dear Artur,

I modeled the project using Revit 2013, then sent to Robot 2013 where I included the loads, loads combinations, and run the provided reinforcement module.

After I had checked all the beams results, I did Results > Structural Detailing, choose my regional settings and then sent to ASD 2013 (I don't have the ASD 2012 version installed in my notebook any more, but I have Robot and Revit 2012 and 2013 installed).

During the transferred from Robot 2013 to ASD 2013, the ASD crashes sometimes during the message "Reinforcement drawings - Arranging elements of the drawings"  (as it has been doing constantly nowadays) but the files were created.

Then, when I tried to open the exported files, I received the error message and even if I save a recovered file, I was not able to penned it.

Today, I followed Romanich suggestion and I have been able to export form Robot 2013 and open in ASD 2013. But I am doing all the exportation again form Robot 2013 to ASD 2013 even thou ASD 2013 have been constantly crashing ... I don't know how many "Autodesk - Thank you" messages I had already received.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 7 of 24

1. Please send me the rtd file with the drawing you tried to export to ASD

2. Do you have the dwg file saved before you tried to recover it? If yes, could you send me this file too?

3. Have you sent the crash reports? If yes, what was the email address you typed in the corresponding report field?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 24

4. Start ASD. Start a new project in ASD Reinforcement selecting RBCR-033.dwt template. Open your file. The file should be opened with no problems.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 24

Dear Artur,

I had to export all the beams again and then open in ASD for final detailings

I have been sending all the error messages, and ASD is crashing constantally .. . you will see there.

The e-mail address for the reports is Gustavo.C.Vasconcellos@gmail.com

Remember, ASD has been crashing even if I am not working on it, if it is open and I am working in Robot or Revit, it crashs.

It was happing many times, then I decided to uninstall the ASD 2012 version ... and it kept crashing...

Due to the amount of crashs I have to clean the windows registries (using tune up utilities tools software) many times a day. Please, verify what can I do.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 10 of 24

Gustavo,

Using the dwg file you attached could you check the following scenario please:

Start ASD. Start a new project in ASD Reinforcement selecting RBCR-033.dwt template. Open your file. The file should be opened with no problems.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 24

Dear Artur,

it is a work around that works, but we need a way to fix it and find the reason why ASD is crashing so constantaly

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 12 of 24

Based on the crash reports you sent I assume that you have not compatible (different settings) in Robot and ASD. Do you use your own reinforcement database or template in ASD? The problem seems to be in determining bar shapes.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 13 of 24

Yes Artur, I have to use a "brazilian" reinforcement database.

Basically what I did was the following:

I changed the BAR_EHE (Spain) reinforcement, changing 6mm to 6.3mm, the 12mm to 12,5mm and removed 14mm.

I looked for the template and bar shape that was the closest to the Brazlian one and chose the Italian (RBCR-039) and changed the tables from Italian to Portuguese language.

After I had created "my" BAR_EHE database, I copy it  to all the locations that had a previous version using the windows explore find and substitute comand.

What is strange is that I have been working this way for more than one year and this issue had started happened less than 2 weeks. Maybe it was due to some update that I had installed in Robot or ASD.

Should I review if the BAR_EHE database is the same in all the locations again? Or there is a better way to do it?

Thanks again for the support and to try to help me.

Greetings from Brazil

Gustavo

Message 14 of 24

Gustavo, 

I changed the BAR_EHE (Spain) reinforcement, changing 6mm to 6.3mm, the 12mm to 12,5mm and removed 14mm.

Could you send the bar database you modified

I looked for the template and bar shape that was the closest to the Brazlian one and chose the Italian (RBCR-039) and changed the tables from Italian to Portuguese language.

as well as the template you created please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 15 of 24

Thank you Artur,

attached you find the template and the database. 

If you have any suggestion to improve my process, I would appreciate.

Thanks again

Gustavo

PS: I saved the template as dwg because I could not send as dwt (not valid extesion for an attachement message)

Message 16 of 24

Gustavo,

Could you send me a sample rtd file where you have drawings of beams and columns please? What is your way of arranging the drawings in ASD after importing them from Robot. Do you copy tem on a single tab?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 17 of 24

Gustavo,

Any chance to receive the rtd file? Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 18 of 24

Hi Artur,

how can I send the file to you? The zipped file without results is 3.000 KB.

Do you have Dropbox? Maybe I can send you a link to a dropbox folder.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 19 of 24

Do you have the problem you described only for this large file or for any? If for any then create a single beam project and attach it.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 20 of 24

Dear Artur,

the ASD problems started after I had installed RST 2013 with the Brazil template that comes with the new version (see bellow).

In the new Brazilian template the "rebar Bar" is correct, see the left side, but if I check the "Reinforcement bars" in preference, it shows ACI318-08 Rebars(Metric) ... that it is not the same of "Rebar Bar" in the Project Browser.

If I choose another template (not the Brazilian one), ASD works ok, I mean stop crashing all the time.

How can I get the "rebar Bar" family in Revit and use it as database in Robot and ASD?

Remember, my workflow is the following: RST2013 -> Robot 2013 -> ASD or RST2013 -> Robot 2013 ->RST 2013 -> ASD.

I like the Brazilian template that comes with Revit 2013 and I would like to keep using it,

Please help me!!!

BrazilRebar.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report