Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not create a new material

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
KestutisAblacinskas
746 Views, 7 Replies

I can not create a new material

In Job Preferences/Materials I select Modification. In Material Definition I create new material, press Add and Ok. If I again select Modification button I see new material. But if I close Job Preferences dialog and open it again - created new material is missing. How to save the new Materials? (Windows 8 64 and ARSAP 2013)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Switch between layouts or restart robot

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 8

if it were that simple, I do not would write here :). It is nothing unworthy answer.

Message 4 of 8

Try to clear cfgusr folder before next robot start.

Movie: http://screencast.com/t/STws1m09iJ

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 8

I am facing the same problem on my PC (Windows 8 64 BIT RSAP 2013). I had this issue also on PC in my university (Windows 7 64 BIT RSAP 2013). I tried restarting program and deleting all files from mentioned folder. Doesn't work for me.

Message 6 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Plasky1989

PLasky,

IN your case please check whether the file

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Structural\Common Data\2013\rmat048.xml

is changed after closing robot (and of course after creating new material before) or not.

If not, ask Administrator to check privilages you have to write \ modify this folder and \ or check firewalll \ antivirus settings.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

BTW: have you pressed Add button as shown on the movie?

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 8

I can not explain, but the problem is solved as follows: I create a new user with administrator rights, in his environment installs Autodesk Robot, go back to my  environment and enjoy my success ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report