Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to support a structure in only one direction

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
1637 Views, 22 Replies

How to support a structure in only one direction

Thx for reading my post. Please see attached model. I would like to support the bottom surface og the footplate so that i can not move down in the -z direction but can only deflect upwards in the +z. This would mean that the footplate is only RESTRAINED for downwards deflection. This corresponds to the plate laying on a concrete block. How can add this kind of support?

Hope anyone can help

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
jo2ny
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Very true and obvious 🙂 duuh!

A combination between a case (that stand alone gives incorrect results) with other cases provides correct results, that whas my concern; but you cleared it.

( I could be a little bit nosey and ask who/why does this happen, but I shouldn't go offtopic, so i'll ask this later)

THANKS AGAIN for your anwsers, very helpfull.

Message 22 of 23
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jo2ny

If you mean why lateral load case does not converge then check it may happen that just overturns the model (all UZ+ supports are switched off as the model starts to rotate). In other words check where your neutral axis is located vs. the support arrangement.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 23 of 23
jo2ny
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I fixed the convergence problem using a combination between these two suggestions: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/Nonlinear-analysis-Iteration/m-p/3385747/hig... http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/convergence/m-p/3469484/highlight/true#M5032 Now everything looks fine, the reactions are all positive or 0 for the UZ+ supports. Thanks, again for your support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report