Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set soil definition for several foundations?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ruipfbarreiros
496 Views, 4 Replies

How to set soil definition for several foundations?

Hi,

Is it possible in robot to set soil definitions, including stress options, for several foundations at a time? It's a very slow process to assign it to each foundation at a time, and I do want to have separate foundations, otherwise I would group all foundations into one, but that's not what I want.

Is there any option?

Thanks

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Such functionality is on the wish list for the next versions of Robot. What currently can be done is to save the soil layers and open this definition for each of the foundation which means that you do not have to define the soil profile each time.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

you can also select all the nodes that you want to group under a foundation type and click the reinforcement button:

Cattura.JPG

In this way you can use only 1 soil type to all the foundation that you have selected, and you can design the plinths as a group automatically using the worst one.

I've used many times and everything goes excellently.

Good job

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 4 of 5

yes, I knew about that, but I do want "standalone" foundations, so that I can assign each one a different dimension...

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
Message 5 of 5

Robot 2015 SP3

soil definition to all foundations.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report