Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does the stress of von mises criteria 6.2.1 (5) EN1993-1-1 work in Robot?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andlund
775 Views, 3 Replies

How does the stress of von mises criteria 6.2.1 (5) EN1993-1-1 work in Robot?

Hi,

Attached is a printout of my calculations and the model. As you can see the von Mises ratio is 2.86>1.0 (yellow mark in detailed analysis). My question is if Robot uses the maximum values the normal stresses and maximum values for shear stress? Or if Robot picks a critical point and then calculate the actual stress distribution in that specific point? I found it strange that I have a rather low member stability ratio of 0.6>1.0 but when I  do a deatiled analysis the von Mises criteria is exceeded. The steel quality is S355. Are the two sigma.X.Ed the normal stresses in the detailed analysis the stresses in the upper and lower flange? Do you have some document I can read about the theory robot uses regarding this issue?

Regards,

Anders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: andlund

The local effects of concentrated forces are disregarded for the 'global' check of the profile capacity It is assumed that either stiffeners are not needed or their sufficient number will be provided). Please mind that the results of the detailed verification depend on the area on which the force is applied and this can be set in the detailed analysis parameters dialog (bearing ss value on the Forces tab).

ss.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 4
andlund
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thank you. One quick question, is the length (bearing ss) measured along the length of the beam or transversal, meaning along the width of the beam?

Regards,

Anders

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: andlund

Along the length.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report