Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat slabs in Robot!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
aradinie
2239 Views, 8 Replies

Flat slabs in Robot!!!

Dear Sir

Can we design Waffle slab in Robot? if yes then how?

Why there are no official training videos about Robot?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
HoshangMustafa
in reply to: aradinie

Hi

You can use New Thickness Dialog to model the waffle slab for analysis. Currently design not possible. Find attached file.

Message 3 of 9
aradinie
in reply to: HoshangMustafa

Thanks KAK Hoshang , this is Weaknesses in RSA , i really want to learn this software because its a product of AUTODESK , but when i see these Weaknesses ه back to CSI products . and i did not see any development in this software sence 2010 except in windows.

Regards

Message 5 of 9
aradinie
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thanks sir

What abot flat slab with drop panels? does RSA check for punching?

Message 6 of 9
Jade_Cereno

@aradinie wrote:

Thanks KAK Hoshang , this is Weaknesses in RSA , i really want to learn this software because its a product of AUTODESK , but when i see these Weaknesses ه back to CSI products . and i did not see any development in this software sence 2010 except in windows.

Regards

I think most softwares have weaknesses too. they are not perfect and there are just people who prefer to use it.

I too saw no deve;opment with this software. I think it was somehow left out by autodesk because they only excel on CAD and modelling and never with structural analysis unlike CSI which is basically their bread and butter. Quite sad about it. Robot is an amazing tool.

With Regards to punching check for drop slabs, you model the drop slab here and robot can even give you punching design for it, check if it exceeds requirements with a simple check.

I attached images for your reference.

MIT-BsCE
Message 7 of 9
aradinie
in reply to: Jade_Cereno

Thanks Mr.. Jade

The attached file shows when supports are columns. I want when column under drop panel directly. (or there is no difference?) yes your right  Robot is an amazing tool. But Autodesk should develops this tool to be more easy and sufficient .

Regards

Message 8 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

You can either create a thicker panel (inside a thinner one) at the location of the column or add a column's head at the stage of the punching verification.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 9
aradinie
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report