Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FE Local coordinate system

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
GabrieleNovembri1027
970 Views, 9 Replies

FE Local coordinate system

hi all,

I met again an error reported in version 2009, 2010, 2011.

In a completely random and incomprehensible way, Robot ceates the coordinate system of FE's whith oppposite orientation of the the panel to which It belongs.
This error is extremely dangerous because all the stresses and reinforcement are reversed.
does anyone know the cause? or knows how to avoid this problem?. The only way I found until now is to check all the meshes. This process is extremely long and annoying as it is necessary to check all the meshes and re-create those with wrong orientation.
thanks

orientamento.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Could you send me this file please?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 10

hi,
the model is very large (90MB). if you give me an email I can try to make a jumbo mail.
thanks

Message 4 of 10

I assume this is the same model as the one you refer in your other post and it originates from the older version of Robot. Please try the following:

First of all display local coordinate systems of the surface elements along with the ones for panels and check if the orientations of Z axes are the same for surface elements and panels.

If not:

1. Delete all the meshes

2. Make sure the orientations of local Z axes of panels are correct

3. Generate the meshes again.

Are they generated correctly?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 10

Hello guys, 
*I faced the same problem as GabrieleNovembri1027
I tried to change local system of panel coordinates system direction [local mesh net is deleted] to right direction and after that regenerate mesh net, but  FE local coordinates stays wrong as was [FE: 5;6;11;12;13;19;14;8;20;15;16;17;18].

*How I could change local direction like FE [1;2;3;10] to rest of FE?

*Please find RSAP [file with results] attached.

Thank you for your thoughts and time

p.s.  please change attached file extension from *.doc to *.rar. I change it due to your upload system error
"

Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The file does not have a valid extension for an attachment. doc,pdf,dwf,dwg,dxf,dst,gz,gzip,zip,bm,bmp,gif,jfif,jpe,jpeg,jpg,psd,tif,tiff,png,htm,html,xml,xls,lsp,svf,3ds,vcf,png,text,txt,log,env,dcl,rvt,rfa,ipt,iam,ipn,dwfx,idw,csv,nwf,nwc,nwd,sdf,cfz,vtfx,vtf are the valid extensions."

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 10

I'm not sure if I understand the situation correctly. At first glance all seems to be correct.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 10

Spoiler
Yes, but I am abxiuos about what RSAP shows. So i attached extra picture file with questions on it.
Message 8 of 10

The first picture shows the native coordinate system of surface elements with the local X being governed by the sequence of nodes that define them. This is only informative and these coordinate systems are not used in model generation and calculation stages.

The second (both coordinate systems /panel and surface elements/ check boxes are marked) is what you should look at. This is what is in fact used in Robot.

You do not have the full control on the way the triangles are created but it is possible to get close to your mesh.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 9 of 10

Thank you, first two questions are answered. 🙂
But 3rd. isn't yet. So then how I could get close to my desirable regular mesh net?

Message 10 of 10

meshing1.PNG

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report