Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting RC drawings details to ASD

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
1838 Views, 8 Replies

Exporting RC drawings details to ASD

I am exporting RC drawings from Robot to ASD as described bellow:

Results > Structural Detailing, then I choose the file name.

The first time I do this, I can see all the drawings in ASD (on the object inspector  model and in the model tab). But when I do this again, including new drawings in the same project, I can see the name of the drawing on the object inspector model but not in the model tab (see attached example)

What should I do?

Thanks

Gustavo

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Gustavo,

I have made a quick test and I can't see any problems. Could you send me step by step description of your actions (including which RC code and reinforcement database are set) so that I could try to follow please? If possible attach Robot and ASD files please. Which versions of ASD and Robot   do you use and are they 32 or 64 bit ones?

Mind that if you save rtd file with generated drawings you can open (import) these drawings from within ASD (this is another way of linking ASD Reinforcement with the RC Design modules of Robot) using the command indicated on the attached picture.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

Dear Arthur,

Could you send me step by step description of your actions (including which RC code and reinforcement database are set) so that I could try to follow please? If possible attach Robot and ASD files please. Which versions of ASD and Robot   do you use and are they 32 or 64 bit ones

I am using ACI 318-08 Metric code, with Reinforced Bar EHE (Spain), and 2012 ASD and Robot

I am running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. What I found is that I am having problems with long beams

Mind that if you save rtd file with generated drawings you can open (import) these drawings from within ASD (this is another way of linking ASD Reinforcement with the RC Design modules of Robot) using the command indicated on the attached picture

I tried but I am having problems of editing it. I will try again 

Arthur, I would like to prepare all my drawings in A1 or A0 formats. What is the best way of generating them? Importing from Robot to ASD, or doing everything in Robot,  see picture attached  where I grouped 4 A4 drawings in a A1 format).

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 4 of 9

Dear Gustavo,

I am using ACI 318-08 Metric code, with Reinforced Bar EHE (Spain), and 2012 ASD and Robot

I am running on Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. What I found is that I am having problems with long beams

Could you send me a sample Robot file with such beam and make some screen captures that illustrate both your actions and their results please?

Arthur, I would like to prepare all my drawings in A1 or A0 formats. What is the best way of generating them? Importing from Robot to ASD, or doing everything in Robot,  see picture attached  where I grouped 4 A4 drawings in a A1 format).

To be honest I don't know what to answer. From my experience I know that both ways are adopted by Robot/ASD users and it is hard for me to tell which one is the 'better' way. I'd say it depends on what one feels more comfortable with and what kind of documentation one is required to produce.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

Dear Arthur,

I decided importing the drawings from Robot. It is faster and I found out what I was doing wrong: I was looking for the imported drawings on the model tab and not in the positions tab.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 6 of 9

By the way, i want to ask how can i export RC drawing from Robot 2014 to ASD 2013?Please help me!Thanks!

Message 7 of 9

There is no support for older formats of files in ASD. The files created in newer version cannot be opened in the older one.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 9
duchoabn
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

When design in robot then drawing in robot is not good.(???) I don't know why in autocad structural detailing then drawing is good and perfect for draftsman, in robot is not good???

How to guide link drawing to ASD is good??? ( I think problem is file .dwt in ASD)

Please help me for 2 problem?

Thanks all

Message 9 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: duchoabn

I'm not sure if I understand the situation. Could you attach some screen captures that illustrate the situation please?

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums