Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export a 3D model from Robot to AutoCAD drawing

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
13488 Views, 13 Replies

Export a 3D model from Robot to AutoCAD drawing

Hello! I am trying to export a 3D structure from Robot to AutoCAD (3D drawing), but I can't do it successfully.

I go to the "File - Save As" and then I choose the file saving format (I tried to save in .dwg and .dxf). The CAD file was generated, but when I open it there is an error and nothing appears (image 1).

There is something wrong in my "saving" procedure?

Many thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

What is your version of AutoCAD? Is it 2013 (AC1027)?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

My AutoCAD's version is 2011. A colleague of mine is having the same problem and he has the AutoCAD 2012 version.

We tried to make this operation in earlier robot models (Robot 2012), and we were able to do it; the file dwg/dxf was created from robot and functioned well in AutoCAD.

Message 4 of 14
Artur.Kosakowski

Robot saves dwg/dxf files in their latests formats. The format of dwg/dxf from v.2013 of AutoCAD is different than the ones from 2010-2012 versions. You can see this information when you open dwg file saved from Robot 2013 in e.g. AutoCAD 2012.

dwg version.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

Ok. But the colleague that I mentioned before has AutoCAD 2012 version and Robot 2013, and he was unable to open the dxf/dwg file too.

So the only way is to open the CAD file created by Robot 2013, with the AutoCAD 2013?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 14
Artur.Kosakowski

So the only way is to open the CAD file created by Robot 2013, with the AutoCAD 2013?

Yes. The reason is that AutoCAD 2012 cannot open dwg/dxf files saved in dwg/dxf 2013 format.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Ok. I didn't understand the sentence you wrote immediately, just later.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Let me tell you this, this is totally C**P.

This is the first time I am no longer able to open 3d robot models in another application such as RHINO. All previous versions of robot excluding 2013 hd no issue

It is a very dumb mnove on Aurtodesks part.

99% of our clients do not have REVIT or the latest autocad.I use rhino for my modelling.

How the hell am I now supposied to collaborate and co-odiante my 3d moels with my clients now!

Will you please stop dumbing down this program and stop forcing us to stick within the Autodesk REVIT walled garden

Sort ths out ASAP. A DXF file format is suppsoed to be open format!!! If this is not srpted Im giving up on robot, pathetic

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I dont know. how Export 3D model to AutoCAD ?

Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 14
Artur.Kosakowski

You just open the save as dialog and select dwg file format.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 11 of 14
ahmedgewaily

i tried to export the meshing to autocad but there is a problem as per attached photos

is there a way allow me to export the meshed slab to autocad correctly

Message 12 of 14
Rafacascudo
in reply to: ahmedgewaily

In Display just Leave  the mesh itself(finite elements) . No panel contours , no solid sections . Just the finite elements ,the bars and their nodes

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

How export conetions from Robot to AutoCad? My version is 2017.

Message 14 of 14
Artur.Kosakowski

save as dxf_dwg.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report