Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution Problem 2809

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
willjvizcaya
1256 Views, 8 Replies

Execution Problem 2809

Greetings Everybody.

Im trying to model a pipe support in RSA2013, such as the linear example attached, where i wrongly model cables as simple bars.

The problem is when i try to change them for cables, model goes berserk and says "execution problem 2809" as in file attached non linear example.

2809.jpg

Pls some advise for modeling these cables..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

In the definition of the cable you should type 0 as the relative elongation rather than the length of the cable itself.

cable.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9

Thx for your response,

now the model seems to run fine, but says the attached warning at the end of calculation

Artur 1.jpg

Besides i´d like to know how to check de capacity of the cable used.

Thx for your efficiency.

Message 4 of 9

For non-linear models you cannot use automatic code combinations and you should replace them with the manual ones. I'm not sure what you mean by 'capacity' of cables but you can check axial forces in these elements.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9

Ok, the model above went right after all the corrections you suggested, now i have the following model and the same problem..

the idea is having a main cable, which connects with small cables the pipe. i get the same problem and a bunch of instabilities.

Thx for your last Response.

ddddeeeeddd.jpg

Message 6 of 9

1. Change analysis type to P-Delta

2. Use full Newton-Raphson method

3. Modal analysis should not be used for nonlinear models

These points have already been discussed on this forum Smiley Wink

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9
willjvizcaya
in reply to: willjvizcaya

ok Thx for Response!

Regards!

Message 8 of 9

I attached the model with what i think is the correct way of correcting it.

But when i delete modal analysis, i cant (or dont know how) check the seismic spectral analysis for the structure, so what do i do??

P.S: i am sorry to disturb with many dumb questions but i am starting to get into calculations and im not as xpert as you guys are.. i little or none knowledge of P-Delta or Newton-Raphons stuff.

Regards. 

Message 9 of 9

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report