Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in AS4100 steel code design - axial tension and bending

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tony.ridley
491 Views, 7 Replies

Errors in AS4100 steel code design - axial tension and bending

Hi guys,

Sorry for bad news, but also, a problem with tension members in AS4100.  

1.JPG

2.JPG

Robot does not use the correct Mty / Mrz value.  However unlike Patricks' problem this appears to be on the conservative side.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Thank you Tony. We'll check this too.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8

Tony,

Could you send me the corresponding rtd file please? Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 8

tomorrow? when i get to work

Message 5 of 8

Sure Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8

Tony, 

1.JPG

I asume this is the situation when the axial force changes from tension to compression along a bar. At  x = 0.73L N= -399 kN (tension) and this force is used for the Section Strength Check part. In addition Robot makes another check using the largest axial force along a bar (N* = 631 compression this time). This is the force used in the Member Stability Check part. As far as I can see the verification procedure is done correctly yet the verification formula displayed in the result window for the Member Stability Check is wrong. Robot should display the formula 8.5.5.1 instead of 8.4.5.2.

I other words the value of 1.05 displayed for 8.4.5.2 is (correctly) calculated with the use of 8.4.5.1 and what is wrong is the display of the formula (should be 8.4.5.1 instead of 8.5.4.2).

The rtd file would be welcomed anyway Smiley Happy

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 8

Hi Artur,

I've (finally) attached the file mentioned previously. 

The bar I'm looking at in the previous post is #17

I agree with your comments;

As far as I can see the verification procedure is done correctly yet the verification formula displayed in the result window for the Member Stability Check is wrong. Robot should display the formula 8.5.5.1 instead of 8.4.5.2.

I other words the value of 1.05 displayed for 8.4.5.2 is (correctly) calculated with the use of 8.4.5.1 and what is wrong is the display of the formula (should be 8.4.5.1 instead of 8.5.4.2).

Cheers,

Tony

Message 8 of 8

Thank you Tony.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report