Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing Six span beam from Robot

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gustavo_c_vasconcellos
465 Views, 3 Replies

Error importing Six span beam from Robot

Dear support,

I am having problems importing beam with more than four spans from Robot to ASD.

I am running the printouts in Robot and then import them in ASD.

When I have an imported  beam with more than 4 spans I am having problems with total number and mass of the stirrups.

I believe that ASD is not summing up the stirrups that don't have a cross section.

As you can see attached, the total mass in the Robot's printout is the same of the Robot's notes but different from ASD.

What should I do? Is that a bug in the software? What I did to work around was to copy one section for the remaining spans ... another option is to split the beam ... but maybe there is a better way.

I am running Robot and Asd 2012 last versions ( I had just checked) on Windows Professional 64 bits.

Thanks

Gustavo

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

To deeper analysis we need a rtd file to check.

Could you please try how it works with exporting the element not drawings only?

Look at attached video for instruction.

Jakub Brożonowicz

Global Product Support

Message 3 of 4

Dear Jakub,

It works if I export only the element, see attached file. Therefore, what is your suggestion? Should I export all the elements as I had just did and change the way I have been working, or just export the drawings with more than 4 spans? I have the feeling that exporting all the elements takes much more time,

I tried to insert only the attached file in the the ASD file that contains all the other elements of the project and received the message *invalid* . What should I do to insert the generated file in another ASD file? It works if I export the element but doesn't work if I try to insert it.

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 4 of 4

I am working around exporting the element instead of exporting the printouts.

Thanks

Gustavo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report