Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error and the warnings messages

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Refaat
1477 Views, 10 Replies

Error and the warnings messages

Hi sirs

I tried several times to overcome the error and the warnings messages as appeared in the structure verification window in the attached file. But I couldn’t solve them.

Pls , could you show me how to solve them?

Note 01 : this is apart of 21 story building but I cancelled 16 story because of file size.

Note 02 : the attached captures showing the error and the warnings messages .

Thanks

Refaat

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Refaat

I will look at it asap but in the meantime please take a look at this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/meshing-error-FE-nodes-remaining-after-mesh-...

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Set meshing options as suggested in previous post

Correct geometry of arc shaped walls 7340 7343 7357 7420. Each of them has bottom edge containing arc+line -> remove this line.

Mesh model

Because of Error object meshing  (it appears on panels 5267 5270 5272 5273 5275) select them and remesh. (Or ignore this warning because panels are meshed)

Corrected model attached.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 4 of 11
Refaat
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Dear Sir ,

Firstly , thanks for your help , I appreciate that.

-          (meshing options as suggested in previous post)– Pls , which previous post ?

-             (arc+line -> remove this line mesh model.) – Pls , how can I find the lines ?

-            If I don’t  activate the ( regular mesh ) option , will effect the FEM results?

-          I used (Delaunay Method) ,is it okay or not ? or prefer (Automatic )  for my model?

Concerning the warning message (The element is not assigned to any story) , does it effect the story results specially in the seismic analysis because I need some columns pass though two stories ?

Is there any possibility to cover come the warning ?

Regards

Refaat

Message 5 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

-          (meshing options as suggested in previous post)– Pls , which previous post ?

message 2 in this thread, then message 4 ... , I used mesh size 1m

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Example movie how to fined and how to "remove" it : http://screencast.com/t/Psj0u47ULb

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

-            If I don’t  activate the ( regular mesh ) option , will effect the FEM results?

Regular (or not regular) is just different meshing algorithm. The results depends on meshing as usual - more dense mesh more accurate results, nothing extra.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

-          I used (Delaunay Method) ,is it okay or not ? or prefer (Automatic )  for my model?

If it is meshed without problems - it is fine.

IN case of any problems with incoherent meshes I suggest to turn off regular meshing and use Coons because Coons algorithm is less sensitive for geometrical inaccuracies.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 11
Refaat

Pls , finally

Concerning the warning message (The element is not assigned to any story) , does it effect the story results specially in the seismic analysis because I need some columns pass though two stories ?

Thanks

Refaat

Message 10 of 11
Rafal.Gaweda

Yes it will affect results. These columns should be assigned to upper story, in your case Story 2

Assign them manually to story.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 11
Refaat

Thanks alot

well done

Refaat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report