Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Envelope of forces at a connection (API)

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
PaulGrimes2282
7477 Views, 9 Replies

Envelope of forces at a connection (API)

Hi,

is it possible to see the envelope of forces at a point in a table? I am trying to output the maximum forces for a series of connection designs, but the envelope only gives me the maximum forces from either end of the beam.

I have tried selecting the bar and the node i am interested in, but it still gives me forces from both ends of the bar.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It was somewhere on the forum but I am attaching here xls file with macro doing that.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 10

thanks!

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I had only ten minutes but I hope that you can develop this spreadsheet by your own.

In this spreadsheet you have to chose the Robot number, the start combination number and the end combination number and the macro define a link with robot for you needed reactions. To use only this you can set one sheet for each node that you have to investivate. Once created you linked file, when you run calculation and modify the data you have only to press F9 in excel spreadsheet to update all the values, so you create the linked file only one time.

Sorry for my basic programming but I can't make it better in few minutes.

Cheers

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 5 of 10

Stefano,

I think your modifications were made for Grohl:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis/project-octopus-seamlessly-access-robot-data...

Thx

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 10
rigid_joint
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hello everybody!!!

Spreasheet node results refer to global system or to local bar axes?

Message 7 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: rigid_joint

Local.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 8 of 10
rigid_joint

I had another question.

This add-in works great with ULS and SLS combinations but as far as the ACC seismic combinations is concerned it returns no results.

Is there any trick to get over this situation?

For example, I made a try by changing the ACC type to ULS but I failed.

Message 9 of 10
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: rigid_joint

Why do you think so?

Check results for ACC combinations comparing with ULS ones.

aswacc.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 10 of 10
rigid_joint

Dear all, I have the same problem if there are ACC seismic combinations in the Robot file.

I get this error message when running the xls file. Is there any solution for this?

rigid_joint_0-1591613267775.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums