Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPORT A ROBOT FILE

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tony.ridley
491 Views, 2 Replies

EXPORT A ROBOT FILE

Hi guys,

I need to send a Robot file to a client, and contain as much data as possible i.e. loads, load cases, bar properties etc. 

Is the best way to do it a .str text file?

For example, I have opened StaadPro files directly in Robot - they come in with all the loads on members etc.  Is there another package that can read a Robot file directly (same as how Robot reads Staad)? 

Cheers,

Tony

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Tony,

I'm sorry but we haven't developed any devoted tool to save Robot file in other application format deciding to leave this part to 'them' Smiley Happy

I don't know what kind of model you created but using the members key word I would try to save it in DSTV or CIS/2 formats. You may use str as well (it may not contain all information but as it is the text format then t is 'easy' to understand).

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Artur.

I'm happy to send .str................only asking to make sure I cover all possibilities.   

BTW If someone sends me an analysis file I only ever get text files or worse 3D cad.  Smiley Frustrated

This is when genius of API comes into play to convert the text file into a robot file.

(I think Rafal knows a guy, who has a friend that is familiar with the Robot API)

But you are right, let "them" work it out by themselves.

Tony

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report