Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOC simultaneously how to combine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jo2ny
320 Views, 2 Replies

EOC simultaneously how to combine

Hello,

I have a question regarding modeling of moving cranes.

Let EOC1 and EOC2 be two moving cranes. EOC1 generates a concetrated force of 100kN. EOC2 generates a force of 200kN. Their dimensions are identically. 

These two act simultaneously on a 2 bay beam.

I defined two load cases, one for moving load given by EOC1, and one for the moving load given by EOC2.

Both have the same line as a route, and the same step.

I then created a manual combination between the moving load cases. This generated all posible combinations of the cranes in all possible positions.

First of all, could it be possible to eliminate combinations where EOC1 and EOC2 are in the same position, as in reality this would not be possible. Can Robot take into account the vechicle dimensions and generate combinations that do not imply overlapping of cranes? 

Secondly, in reality, on site , there will always be EOC1 followed by EOC 2, not EOC2 then EOC 1 moving along the beam. So I would have to exclude this combinations also. Can this be done ?

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jo2ny

There is no automatic solution you could use. I would try the following approach:

1. Definition of EOC 1 moving load and generation of the positions of the vehicle

2. Conversion of these positions into simple load cases

3. As the entire beam has go 12 m in length and the declared step is 1 m I would create 10 EOC2 moving load cases. The first one from 0m till 11m, followed by 0m to 10 m.... the last one from 0m to  1m.

4. Definition of load combinations with simple load case EOC1 at 12m with EOC2 moving load from 0m till 11m; simple load case EOC1 at 11m with EOC2 moving load from 0m till 10m and do on.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3
jo2ny
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Thank you for your answer Artur

This will work for the given exemple.

However the example I gave was a simplification of my real task, in which I have a 75meter long multi bay runway for 3 moving cranes.

All cranes (at one end) have 4 forces (two vertical and two horizontal).

You can imagine that even a semiautomatic forces deffinition approach on the real task implies tousends manual defined load cases, as I need to keep the step at 1m.

Perhaps a more detailed module dedicated to moving cranes / loads could be on the wishlist for future Robot improvements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report