Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic factor for railway bridge

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
omar.ratp
655 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic factor for railway bridge

Hi

I'm trying to calculate an old steel girder bridge in 3D using Robot (ARSAP) and I came across a problem regarding the dynamic factor demanded by Eurocode EN 1991-2, clause 6.4.5.

This factor is to do a static calculation instead of a dynamic one. This factor or coefficient is applied only to the moving load (train), and the problem is that I don’t know how to do this. I know that if I go

Loads/Manual combination 

I can establish manually the factor for each load case. Now, the problem is that this dynamic factor depends on the structural element of the bridge considered.

For example, the coefficient is not the same for rail bearers, that for the cross girders or the slab.

In such a way that, if I use the coefficient for the rail bearers in my manual combinations, the results (forces, displacements…) will be true only for the rail bearers, but not for the rest of the structure.

Anyone knows how to apply these coefficients in Robot?

The only solution that I came up with was to do several files, each one for one coefficient, but then it will hard to treat the results, and might be confusion treating them.

Any ideas?   

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You may create several load combinations within one file and use only part of them at a time for design of a particular part of a bridge.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thank you four your answer.

I was hopping it would be an automatic way of doing this.

I already have several combinations (22) for one dynamic factor. If I create all the combinations in one file it will be troublesome to treat the results (because the moving load creates 2 more combinations, and all de 22 combinations I made, have moving loads, so I have 66 combinations for one dynamic factor)

I guess I’ll just do several files.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report