Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic analysis definition

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
engsam777
735 Views, 11 Replies

Dynamic analysis definition

please,i am using the equivalent lateral force method for seismic analysis but i get this error

'there are no nodes in the floor plane. it is impossible to apply forces for the static analysis case'

please what  could be wrong.

thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi,

I'm not an expert of equivalent lateral force method for seismic analysis, but I think that you have to:

1) define the floor as rigid ones, in this way you have one auto calculation node in the baricenter of the floor;

2) define the stories for your building.

In this way the equivalent force will be applied in the baricenter (master point) of each storey.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for the information, i defined the slab as athotropic, it doesnt give me options to define it is shell,membrame and as regid diaphrams.

Message 4 of 12
Mohammed_Ata
in reply to: engsam777

To define your seismic analysis with this method , RSA will calculate it but you should define your parameters firstly . 

Then , RSA will generate cases of seismic analysis , then make your combinations . 

Message 5 of 12
engsam777
in reply to: Mohammed_Ata

i have defined the parameters already and i get that error message in fhe calculation process.

Message 6 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

File please.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 7 of 12
engsam777
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

please find attached.please let me know what you will find

Message 8 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

The firts error is about wrong definition of stories. You did not mention that.

Define Stories in model as Stefano suggested.

Corrected file attached

Rafal Gaweda
Message 9 of 12
engsam777

Thanks, I will be glad if you could attach a screen shot of the correction you made

Message 10 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

stgh.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 11 of 12
engsam777

Am sorry to bother you but i am trying to correct my model as you have done, i have been able to assign a regid diaphram to the slab and i have defined the stories, but i get the error message again. can you please please outline your procedure for me with possible screen shots and or video. Thank you. sorry to bother you.

Message 12 of 12
Rafal.Gaweda

Movie:

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report