Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in beam reinforcement in "RC design module" and "Provided module"

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mirko.Jurcevic
1492 Views, 2 Replies

Difference in beam reinforcement in "RC design module" and "Provided module"

Hi,

I have two problems with model.

First "problem" is type 3 instability that I can't get rid of. But I didn't see any impact of that instability so I ignore it.

Second and main problem is with RC design of beams (Eurocode).

I took one beam (No. 149) and design it in RC module, but results are too big comparing to manual check and to bending moments. Biggest issue is, why are such large results in top zone of the beam.

I transfered that beam into "Provided module" and calculate it again. Results are correct, minimum reinforcement is relevant in both zones (and =0 where is no bending moment).

I am attaching two images for further explanation.

I am also sharing my model with Artur and Rafal via Autodesk 360.

help!

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

1. Use Rafał's macro for rounding up and set the precision as 0.01m

2. Check the attached picture

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Thank you Artur very much!

To be honest, I looked at those parameters and just run over them. I didn't try to change them. I would never guess that's the problem. My colleague must have changed them 'cause I never touch them before.

I will know for future. 🙂

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report