Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data exchange between 3D Structures and Plate projects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SBalazs
297 Views, 3 Replies

Data exchange between 3D Structures and Plate projects

Could anyone tell me what would be the best solution to extract the RC plates from a 3D model (necessary for earthquake verification) to a 2D plate design (for reinforcement design). Is there any way that I export a single plate from a 3D model with all support conditions into 2D plate design?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Well, if mean to analyse separately the slab from the whole model you can use the tool "save as sustructure" in the geometry menu.

If you mean to design the reinforcement for only one plate of the whole model, you can select it and click on reinforcement button, down right on main view,

If you mean to design or edit the reinforcement on the slab, Asd is the best way.

Greetings

PasProStudio

www.pasquiniprogetti.eu

Structural + Detailing engineers
Message 3 of 4

Thank you Stefano, that helps. I want to check the whole structure for earthquake in 3D and design the plate in 2D as I find it more accurate. It would be nice if I could save support conditions as well from 3D but I guess I'll have to do it manually. 

Best regards,

Balázs

Message 4 of 4
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: SBalazs

Well, if mean to analyse separately the slab from the whole model you can use the tool "save as sustructure" in the geometry menu.

Thank you Stefano, that helps. I want to check the whole structure for earthquake in 3D and design the plate in 2D as I find it more accurate. It would be nice if I could save support conditions as well from 3D but I guess I'll have to do it manually. 

Select the floor and walls below and above it. Then support walls and columns on the 'outer' ends.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report