Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DYNAMIC ANALYSIS PROBLEMS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gn
Explorer
514 Views, 2 Replies

DYNAMIC ANALYSIS PROBLEMS

I have tried various methods and tweaked various options to get a Time history analysis to work on a structural model I have created, but to no avail. The modal analysis works but not ther time history.

I have had several occurences of the Err 5000 error which has brough me to a halt with this particular analysis.

The Model

We are currently trying to produce a Robot Structural Analysis model for a marine vessel moored against a quay in wind and wave conditions. The vessel is moored using cables to bollard positions modelled as fixed supports at locations throughout the quay (node points within the RSA). A simplified model of the vessel is made using a beam, where, we have scaled a hollow parametric section to allow for the weight of the vessel plus the viscous effect of the water (which adds to its weight). The vessel is moored longitudinally against the quay and protected from damage using 2m long compressible rubber cone fenders which will resist the compressive forces, these fenders are modelled as springs with a manually calculated stiffness and are located at centres along the quay, these, obviously, are compression only members.

Ideally, I would like to analyse the vessel movement due to wind and wave conditions using the dynamic analysis functions within RSA (eg time history, etc) This would be done for a wave of set period and for average and gusting wind speeds.

We have several working models but would like some advice on how to complete our analysis to ensure we are getting sensible results.

The basic model works with a modal analysis as a non-linear calculation but not in a P-Delta calculation, which, has obviously shed some doubt on the viability of our model set up. Therefore if you could possibly point us in the right direction as to how this could be modelled more effectively we would be very appreciative.

(I have tried the worked examples in the training manual with varying degrees of success.)

Kind Regards

Gavin Noble

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: gn

Gavin

You have been contacted by me already.

Please check e-mails.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 3
gn
Explorer
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Hi Rafal,

I have uploaded the model into the Case file

Thanks for the quick responce,

Cheers

Gavin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report