Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclic Reference Problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
toha_mh
5160 Views, 5 Replies

Cyclic Reference Problem

Hi,

I am trying to analyne a building (see attached file). I have reached upto 4th floor without any problem. But when I add more floors, I cannot analyze the building anymore. When I click on calculate button, it shows the following error message - "model error - a cyclic reference in the definition of kinematic constraints ..."

Why is this happening? From the 3rd floor all the floors above are identical, so I am using the translate option. So if upto 3rd floor is correct, then the rest should be correct also. But it still shows error.

However I tried to change the meshing to 0.5 meters. It works, but it makes the file very large. When I complete upto 18th floor, it generates almost 130000 nodes and it takes almost 30 minutes to calculate.

How can I solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: toha_mh

My settings:

moop.jpg

Meshed file: https://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=CPSGMQLMDBUDENN

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6
toha_mh
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks a lot! I also solved it yesterday by complex meshing, but there was 32000 nodes.

Message 4 of 6
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: toha_mh

If you look at my screen shot settings of greyed out fields are also important

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6
Mihkels6
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Could you explain what is behind this error. I keep getting this error with EVERY file I do

Even when i delete the progress from my saved file (there was no error in the saved file e.g added floors) I still keep getting it.

How to remove it? Mesh is already 0.5m and i should take the kinematic constrain away  ?

Message 6 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Mihkels6

Should take the kinematic constrain away  ?

Yes, uncheck them as default and mark iterative adjustment instead. 

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report