Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical buckling length..

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3498 Views, 7 Replies

Critical buckling length..

I know there is many topics about this subject but once more.. 🙂

So Can you help me for calculate critical buckling lenght for upper chord. If I got this kinda buckling shape and I got this kinda numbers.. I cant clearly understand or I am not  sure what this critical coef. and precisions means maybe because my english skills isnt very best..

see attachment pics..

Thanks allready 🙂

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

The buckling analysis in Robot is not intended for finding buckling lengths of elements of the model. This is the check of the stability of the structure as a whole. The critical coefficient is the information about the value of the load that would cause the structure (or its part) to loose its stability. The value of this load is equal to the load defined in the selected load case * critical coefficient.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 8
Rafal.Gaweda

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

Ok.. I just read one kinda research where researchers is calculating backyards critical buckling lengt with robot?

Pdf below in finnish but see pictures 🙂 

And other one in English 

Message 5 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

If you insist you can do the following:

1. Determine the mode (shape) that corresponds to the buckling of the element you want to calculate buckling length for

2. Check the axial force in this element for the selected load case

3. Multiply this force by the critical coefficient for the determined mode from the point 1

4. Calculate buckling length based on the determined value of the element's critical force (point 3)

Mind that the success depends on the correct execution on point 1 and the decision which mode and element to investigate is now in your hand Smiley Happy

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Ok I Think I got it most of parts..ofcourse step by step instructions with pictures would be nicer but first I can try it myself  😉

ps. Thank you !

Message 7 of 8
Artur.Kosakowski

Handle with care Smiley Happy

Please note that I'm not in the position to determine which mode to choose for which element of a model.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hehe I Know, this is only for studying the subject not for real structure calculating.. there I stand in Eurocodes buckling lengts for the chord in compression

Thank you very much!! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report