Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Surface Plates

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jaredvh
759 Views, 5 Replies

Creating Surface Plates

I was wondering if it is possible to create a plate that extends between two beams?  I realize there is a cladding function in RSA, would this be how you create the plate? Once the plate is created, s it possible to create a nodal force anywhere on the cladding or can you only apply a uniform load over the cladding?

Thanks,

Jared

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: jaredvh

You define it in exactly the same way as cladding. You can start from the definition of a contour and then you convert it into a panel (wall/slab) or you can use the slab/wall tools.

For the loads - you can either define a node anywhere inside the panel and apply a concentrated force in it or use the force in point definition.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 6
jaredvh
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

I still can not figure it out. I can figure out how to draw a contour but can not convert it into a plate, nor can I draw a point within the contour.

For the second option, I do not have the wall/slab icon on my tool bar and can not find it in my tool bar add ins.

Message 4 of 6
Rafacascudo

When creating the panel  through Polyline - Contour window , click on parameters and mark panel

or

If the contour is already built goto to geometry/panels , click on object list ,select your contour , assign its property ,reinforcement and model and click add

or  right click your already built contour , click on object properties . It will pop up the polyline - contour window. Just mark Panel , click apply and accept it to modify the existing contour

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Message 5 of 6
jaredvh
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Thank you for your response, however the the little selection button beside panel is greyed over and I can not select it. Is there a reason for this?

Message 6 of 6
Rafacascudo

Probably you´re on "3d frame design" structura type.

You have to choose " shell" structure type when starting your model or , in your existing model goto Geometry/structure type and select shell (Silo icon)

RAfael

Rafael Medeiros
Robot Structural Analysis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report