Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DLL for API and making it available for Robot menu

31 REPLIES 31
Message 1 of 32
rhjbruins
5207 Views, 31 Replies

Creating DLL for API and making it available for Robot menu

I've tried numerous times to create a dll. I've gotten some help 3years ago see: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=109604 However that actually never worked for me, does anyone have any help (with pics).

Kind Regards,

31 REPLIES 31
Message 21 of 32
damkow1981
in reply to: damkow1981

May I ask You for MyAddIn project in VB, just like You placed it in C#? Then I wouldn't have to create my own library, I would just paste my VB into Your project.

Thanks in advance!

Message 22 of 32
Rafal.Gaweda

I do not have it for VB anymore.
All steps how to create it with default namespace code in doc file in post 15.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 23 of 32
damkow1981
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I got that. The only problem I have is to add a type library to dll, because VS Express has no option described in the guide You provided post no 15. Seems like I will have to convert my VB code into C# (I wanted to avoid that since it's a lots of work). Thanks anyway.

Have a nice weekend!

Message 24 of 32
Rafal.Gaweda
Message 25 of 32
damkow1981

Thanks again. I will try them.

BR
Message 26 of 32
rita.aguiar

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda

I followed all your instructions from your .zip files successfully and managed to register the addin through the command prompt. However, when opening Robot and going to Addins -> AddIns Manager I still cannot add MyAddin.dll to Robot. What should I do?

Message 27 of 32
hvdsidf
in reply to: rhjbruins

Hi all,

And how to remove the added menu?

Thanks,

HVDSIDF

Message 28 of 32
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: hvdsidf

Hi @hvdsidf 

Delete relevant registry in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Structural\RSA\MenuExtension

Rafal Gaweda
Message 29 of 32
hvdsidf

Hi and Thanks alot Rafal.

I have 3 mores questions:

1. I use your sample "MyAddin", it works well but the text in the menu "MyAddin (Class1)" is in chinese, please see image below. How to correct it?

Menu Addin Robot.jpg

2. Can we have de sub-menu of 2 levels? (it means the sub-menu Under "My Command 1")

3. How to have 2 menus at the same level of menu "MyAddin" (in your exemple) : we can have 2 namespace in  the same solution (so the same dll) in order to make 2 menus?

Message 30 of 32
Rafal.Gaweda

Hi @hvdsidf 

1. I use your sample "MyAddin", it works well but the text in the menu "MyAddin (Class1)" is in chinese, please see image below. How to correct it?

Fix it in registry. Example:

apimenu.jpg              

2. Can we have de sub-menu of 2 levels? (it means the sub-menu Under "My Command 1")

I do not think it is possible.

3. How to have 2 menus at the same level of menu "MyAddin" (in your exemple) : we can have 2 namespace in  the same solution (so the same dll) in order to make 2 menus?

No idea. Sorry.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 31 of 32
hvdsidf

Thanks anyway, Rafal.

Best regards.

Message 32 of 32
rita.aguiar

Hi @Rafal.Gaweda

Do you know if it's possible to handle events (using Robot's API) within the Robot application such as registering the launch and closing of the application, for example?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report