Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create node at intersection of bars without bar division

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RoboExploiter
4716 Views, 5 Replies

Create node at intersection of bars without bar division

Hi,

Quick one,  How do i generate a node at the intersections of bars in the same plane, without dividing either of the bars?  

I would like to place a support at the intersection.  The node creator won't snap to the intersection (see screenshot)

This is not a question about how to generate nodes at intersections of diagonal bars or at intersections of all hortizontal and vertical bars. (analysis types> structures model> generate nodes>).  I just want to place supports at some intersections, not all.

The method of dividing the bar at a plane doesn't work either.  See next screenschot.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hello

Have you tried to insert dummy bar ending at intersection point?

Make 2D XY projection on this level and check whether you can see all these elements or some of the are missing (it means created out of plane) and check snapping in 2D view.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 6

No I haven't.  Can you elaborate?

Message 4 of 6

Check it on 2D view 

If still not working please upload model ar at least this part of model we are ineterested in.

dummy.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 5 of 6

I have hundreds of these intersections.  I was hoping for something a bit quicker than creating a new bar for every  2 supports.  How do I upload a portion of my model, the file size is now 54 MB large.

Message 6 of 6

Select part of the structure, then you may use Geometry \ Structure \ Save Substructure, then zip this saved file and upload or check Private Message how to send us model file.

Rafal Gaweda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report