Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash in RC module

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tony.ridley
362 Views, 2 Replies

Crash in RC module

Hi guys,

I'm having an annoying problem at the moment.  

I have a medium size 3 storey building, all in reinforced concrete.  The analysis runs beautifully and I'm happy with the analysis in general.  The problem is when I move to RC design....

Basically it crahes alot (not blue screen or anything, just closes Robot).   The column design seems to work 90% of the time, and the foundations 90% too.  However when I try to look at beams, it only works 10% (basically crashes every time). I'm using BS8110 with Australian reinforcing bars.  

It's RSA pro, on a windows 7 64 bit platform.  Theres memory to spare so it's not like the hardware is limiting me.

Just asking, is it a problem commonly experienced?  I normally send off the error report (with some bad language in the comment box), does this get back to you guys to figure out the issue?

Any suggestions would be welcome to move past this problem.  

Cheers,

Tony 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Tony,

However when I try to look at beams, it only works 10% (basically crashes every time). I'm using BS8110 with Australian reinforcing bars.  

Could you send me the file and describe your typical way of working as well as indicate the beam for which it usually happens please? I'd like to have a closer look at this issue.

I normally send off the error report (with some bad language in the comment box), does this get back to you guys to figure out the issue?

Yes, it does and helps a lot however it may not give the direct indication of the cause of a particular issue. We don't mind the language selection as long as it contains some description of actions that had been done before it happened Smiley Happy

What was the email address you typed in the crash report reports you sent s that they could be identified? Please feel free to send a private message for me with this information if you prefer. Thank you. 

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 3

Hi Artur,

Please check private mssg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report