Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core non consistent results

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
benjamin2013
543 Views, 4 Replies

Core non consistent results

Hello,

I am having trouble with core results in Robot: it gives me diverging results when there is a significant change in the lateral stiffness (change in width of the building, base of the core, etc...).

Capture4.PNG

To check the core results, I made a very simple model: a rectangular core, with a flawless meshing, simple levels, and I applied only lateral loads (2 cases: point load on the center of the slabs, or surface load on the walls; each case is equivalent to a 100kN-lateral loading per level, except on the top level).

Capture3.PNG

In both loading, the core results are not consistent, espescially at base level:

Capture1.PNG

Where does this come from? Is there something wrong in my model?

Thank you for your help,

Benjamin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

This is caused by the precision of panel cuts through the panels (precision of distribution of forces 'across' surface elements governed by their shape function).

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 5

Hi @benjamin2013

The diagram with the values taken from the centers of the elements as it is displayed in RSA 2018.

core wall diagrams.PNG

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 4 of 5

Mustafa Hesenow
Senior Structural Design Engineer/MZP
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5

Hi,

The change of the display of the core walls diagrams as discussed in the topic indicated in the above post has been introduced in HF1 for RSA 2019.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report