Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
davidu01
686 Views, 8 Replies

Connecting Beam

I was just wondering if anybody could help with connecting a truss and a beam.

the beam is the support but im unsure how to connect the truss to it for calculations and results without having warnings.

the first time i done it the lines connected but the beam overlaped, therefore i set the beam to a lower value than the truss so that it could sit on top of it.
This still has 2 warnings because the two structures are not connected, i was wondering is there a function to connect these if so what is it and the process.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: davidu01

.. set the beam to a lower value than the truss 

Then generate nodes along the beams below the corresponding nodes of the truss and connect them with either rigid links or dummy bars.

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 9
davidu01
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

if i create rigid supports for the beam it overlaps the truss, and im unaware of dummy bars?

Message 4 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Please check:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Robot-Structural-Analysis/Rafter-on-wall-problem/m-p/3363029

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/attachments/autodesk/351/3242/1/5.jpg

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 9
davidu01

Thanks dude but i must still be doing something wrong that aint working

Message 6 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Attach the file.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 9
davidu01

Message 8 of 9
davidu01

sorry if you could can u give me a step by step instruction on how complete it if you manage it.

Thank you very much

Message 9 of 9
Artur.Kosakowski

Here you are.

Artur Kosakowski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report